The default display resolution for an AILab desktop is 1600 x 900. This might not be suitable for everyone. To rescale the desktop, there are 2 methods
Method A: Change the resolution
To change this resolution (or geometry in VNC), you can do this
- Open a terminal in AI Lab
- Enter the below at the command prompt
echo "vncserver -kill :1; vncserver -geometry 1920x1080 :1" | at now
- This command will terminate and restart your VNC server (responsible for the resolution) to be displayed at "1920 x 1080" as specified above.
Method B: Use the web VNC functions
Another method to scale your screen without restarting the VNC is to use the web VNC browser buttons.
Choose the "Scaling Mode"
- "Local Scaling" will shrink or expand the desktop based on your browser window size.
- There is no visible difference for "Remote Resizing" or "None". It will just use the current display resolution for your remote desktop session.
Note that there is also a "full screen" option to not see the browser at all.
- Linux Operating System
- Windows Operating System
Knowledge Base ID: 20190326 – Last Review: March 25, 2019
Leave a Reply